Slået op d. 09.02.2024
Maritime Instructor (Master Mariner)
Maersk Training, a global leading learning provider to the maritime, oil & gas and wind industry, is expanding our offerings and growing our business within the maritime and energy industry. Thus, we are looking for an ambitious and dynamic Master Mariner or Dual Officer to join our team in Svendborg, as instructor in the maritime department. We are looking for a person with frontline operational experience on vessels and the potential, ability and skills to pass on experience, knowledge and competence.
An exciting and challenging position, where you will use both your technical competence and experience, as well as your interpersonal skills. As our new Maritime Instructor, you will be part of an innovative company, dedicated to developing crew competence in the maritime– and energy industry, to improve safety and operational performance.
The scope will be to deliver (both classroom and virtual) and develop training within the maritime and energy industry.
Thus you will:
• Conduct high quality courses within the maritime-, wind- and energy industry
• Take part in maintaining our advanced simulators and developing new scenarios and exercises
• Ensure timely update and upgrade of the courses you are assigned responsibility for
• Develop new courses and services to customers
• Keep an eye on technology development and industry trends within maritime industry, and share your knowledge with the instructor team and commercial
• Support our sales organisation with expert advice and technical knowledge
We are looking for
We are looking for a person that has:
• Strong technical competence with minimum 5 years demonstrated maritime experience, including sea time in a senior bridge officer position (Chief Officer or Captain)
• Educational background as Master Mariner or Dual Officer
• Desirable experience in onshore/support functions, from Vessel Management, HSE, Technical Excellence, Operations support or similar
• NI Dynamic Positioning Unlimited certificate and minimum 365 documented DP sea time days.
• Preferably experience from delivering training and developing the skills of others
Other backgrounds than above could also be relevant, so we encourage anyone with interest in the position to apply.
As a person you possess the following characteristics
• Must be highly self-driven and result oriented
• Service minded and open to new tasks
• Have a strong desire to contribute to the team success
• A structured way of working, showing attention to detail and following procedures
• Be motivated to acquire new knowledge, and use this to develop and deliver high quality training
• Be able to work both alone managing own projects and form part of a team
• Fluent in English both verbally and in writing