Slået op d. 15.11.2023
Chartering Manager - M.H Simonsen
On behalf of M.H Simonsen, MARPRO is looking for a Chartering Manager to the office in Svendborg.
Are you a seasoned professional in chartering and operations within the maritime industry? Are you an independent, energetic, and extroverted individual ready to take on new challenges? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join M.H Simonsen family.
M.H Simonsen is a leading name in the maritime industry, renowned for their excellence in managing and chartering tankers. As we continue to expand and excel, we are seeking a Chartering Manager to enhance our team.
As Chartering Manager, you will be responsible for handling the chartering and operational aspects of the fleet together with the chartering department. You will report directly to the General Manager Chartering. Your expertise will play a crucial role in optimizing vessel utilization, ensuring smooth operations, and building lasting relationships with our partners.
- Identify suitable vessels for transporting cargo
- Facilitate and negotiate freight rates and terms with cargo owners
- Draft and finalize agreements, specifying terms such as freight rates, routes, loading and discharging times, and liability clauses
- Coordinates the vessel journey and monitor the vessel performance and ensure adherence to schedules
- Serve as the primary contact between vessel owners and customers
- Maintain accurate records of charter agreements, communication, and cargo details
- Oversee and manage the day-to-day operations of vessel activities, ensuring smooth and efficient execution of tasks such as vessel operations and cargo handling
- Relevant maritime education preferable in a similar position
- Significant experience in chartering and operations within the maritime industry
- Strong ability to negotiate and finalize agreements
- Make informed decisions based on market insights
- Good at building strong relationships with cargo owners, brokers, and industry stakeholders
- Prioritize tasks and adapt in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Have a good general IT knowledge
- Excellent in communication skills
- Understand Danish
- Able to attend the office in Svendborg when not travelling.
- Living on / willing to relocate to Funen
- A position in a well-established, unique, privately owned company with focus on quality
- The opportunity to work together with a diverse and skilled team of maritime professionals
- An ambitious, fast-paced, and dynamic environment and interesting trade
- Healthy and nutritious lunch package
- A competitive compensation package matching your qualifications
The application process is handled by MARPRO. If you have any questions to this position, please contact MARPRO at +45 5370 0995.
If you are interested in the position, please upload a motivated application and an updated CV via the application button. You will receive a confirmation email from us. Please check your spam folder, if you have not received the confirmation within 10 minutes after applying, to ensure future communication.
M.H Simonsen is renowned family-owned shipping company with a rich maritime history. We operate a fleet of tankers ranging from 2000 to 7000 dwt, and our commitment to excellence and reliability has earned us a distinguished reputation in the industry. Read more about M.H Simonsen