Slået op d. 15.11.2023
Business Development Manager - Weathernews
On behalf of Weathernews (WNI), MARPRO is looking for a Business Development Manager to focus on the shipping market in Northern Europe and UK.
We are looking for an eager and results-oriented professional with sales and/or shipping experience to help expand and grow the business within the maritime industry.
You are an experienced Maritime Professional ready for a new challenge - perhaps with a background in a shipping company from an operations/chartering department or a SaaS company, working with voyage optimization and digital solutions. You will receive initial job training and have an opportunity to build relationship with staff in Copenhagen and at our headquarter in Japan to better understand corporate culture and the big picture of our business plan.
WNI is offering an exciting position in a vibrant team, based in Copenhagen. Our solutions help customers safely navigate at sea, increase earnings, monitor CII ratings & various upcoming legislative requirements including reduction of carbon emissions.
Your key responsibilities:
- Analyze and comprehend the key drivers of the shipping market.
- Identify and pursue new business opportunities.
- Generate, nurture, and close deals with target customers
- Maintain a high level of domain knowledge for meaningful client interactions.
- Deliver compelling presentations to senior management and decision-makers.
- Address pain points, craft proposals, and ensure successful delivery together with our customer success managers (CSM)
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with key stakeholders.
- Drive the full sales cycle from A-Z
- Achieve and surpass annual sales targets (with bonus potential).
As our new Business Development Manager your main task is to understand what is driving the market, your customers, their challenges and needs, and how our solutions fit to create sustainable business value. Your role is an important factor in expanding our business and opportunities for within the shipping market.
Professional skills and experience
- Fluent in English (both written and verbal) at a professional level.
- Minimum of 3+ years of successful sales experience, or equivalent in ship operations, chartering or SaaS sales to the maritime industry
- Previous knowledge of the shipping/maritime industry, gained through education or practical experience.
Your personal qualifications
- Ability to work independently while contributing effectively to a team
- Exceptional relationship management skills
- Hunter mentality and self-starter
- Outstanding communication and presentation abilities
- Proficient in negotiation and deal-closing techniques
- Can-do attitude with a focus on execution
- Willingness to travel periodically (primarily in Europe)
- Being part of an ambitious and professional organisation with international colleagues
- Job security – WNI is active in more than 40 different industries and has a strong financial foundation (Company is listed in the 1st section of Tokyo Stock Exchange)
- Advancement possibilities – WNI motivates employees to develop their career
- Flexible working hours and the option to work from home
- Working for WNI, you will both benefit from the organisations strong network, develop your own strong relationships and build professional knowledge of digitalisation in the maritime industry.
- A compensation package with a bonus incentive scheme
- A nice office in Tuborg Havn, in the heart of the Danish shipping cluster
Please upload your application and CV in English via the apply button as soon as possible. We will conduct interviews on a running base and will remove the job ad once the position is filled. Note that we forward a confirmation to the email address indicated by you when you apply. Check your spam folder if you have not received this within ten minutes. All applications are handled with complete confidentiality.
The recruitment process is handled by MARPRO. Please do not hesitate to contact Senior Recruitment Consultant, Lasse Dres on +45 5370 0995, should you have any questions regarding the position or the recruitment process.
WEATHERNEWS INC. is a Japan-based company mainly engaged in the provision of content services related to weather information to corporate and individual users. The Company provides various business support services and disaster prevention services based on weather predictions, to companies in the fields of marine transportation, road, railway, air transportation, retail and distribution, agriculture, construction, communication, port and others, as well as and municipalities. The Company is also engaged in the provision of mobile content services that provides weather contents to individual users, the operation of Internet Website under the name Weather News, as well as the provision of content services to satellite broadcasting (BS) digital broadcasts, broadcast stations, radio stations, cable television stations and Internet. For more information, visit https://global.weathernews.com/